What you need to know:
- The new TDR reader is backward compatible with all models that currently support an EMV reader.
- The only exception to this are C4000 machines, which due to the bezel shape will require continuing use of the KYTronics readers.
- The TDR readers use a different cable and mounting bracket – you cannot use the KYTronics cables or mounting brackets.
- There is no need to update software to support the new reader – if your software currently supports the KYT reader – it will also support the TDR reader
- This new reader has been field tested for over a year before releasing. Every effort has been made to make sure it’s trouble-free from the start.
What is different about this new reader:
Based on feedback and examination of card readers over the last several years, the new reader has been designed specifically to address some common issues:
- The circuit board is mounted on the top side of the reader to help reduce liquid damage.
- The card latching arm remains unlocked if there is no power to the ATM.
- The underside of the reader is open to help drop coins that may be inserted.
- This new reader does NOT require use of a ‘Reset’ board when used with older machines.