ATM field personal qualify as “Essential Critical Service Workforce”
Here’s What You Need to Know
The Department of Homeland Security recently put out an Advisory indicating ATM field personal qualify as “Essential Critical Service Workforce”.
1. ATMs Located in Essential Businesses
Under this advisory you should be able to load cash and service ATMs, located in establishments qualifying as “Essential Businesses,” as long as they are open.
2. ATMs Located in Non-Essential Businesses
If your ATMs are located in “non-essential” businesses, those ATMs are effectively “out of business.” If possible you should remove vault cash while the locations remain closed.
While the DHS designation offers guidance, it is up to the state/local government to ultimately decide which workers are deemed “essential” during the COVID-19 crisis.
Please use the following links for specific state requirements regarding shelter in place / business closures / essential business qualifications and other key COVID-19 developments.
- States and Cities Stay at Home Pronouncements (Login required | No subscription necessary)
- National Governors Association: COVID-19 related state actions
- National Conference of State Legislatures: State action on COVID-19